Implement efficient backend algorithms and data compilations for analytical projects.Work under limited supervision and communicate effectively to set achievable expectations, to have tight control over timelines and quality of work output.
Be very curious and motivated to support various advanced aspects of analytics, Continuously learn and translate those learnings into improvements to benefit Advanced Analytics solutions, Understand the need from the stakeholders and fellow analysts, and translate. the need into the design and develop the systems based on the design. Develop systems in various languages like Python, R, or SQL.
Build, improve & maintain data eco-systems & dashboards to support a variety of analytics done by the Advanced Analytics team and various business stakeholders.
|Company Name||IHS Markit|
|Job Role||Data Engineer|
|Experience||0 – 4 Years|
- Minimum education requirement of a four-year degree in Engineering or computer science or a quantitative discipline. Additional education is preferred.
- Proficient in Python
- Excellent SQL Skills
- 0-4 years of experience in building business analytics solutions with end-to-end responsibilities on data modelling, ETL/ ELT, and reporting.
- Experience in R preferred
- Experience using big data tools for data manipulation and modeling (PySpark/ Scala)
- Solid knowledge of both Big Data and relational database technologies. Experience with
- Hadoop preferred.
- Experience in one of the BI tools like Tableau/ Qlikview/ Spotfire
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics, and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics, and solutions to customers in business, finance, and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. Our 13,000 employees, worldwide, work with more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the worlds’ leading financial institutions.
We help decision-makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including automotive, energy, finance, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics, and country risk. IHS Markit Automotive team provides actionable insight that answers key strategic or operational questions and enables our customers to make better decisions that drive better results. With unprecedented technological and fuel-consumption changes in the auto industry, automakers and suppliers rely on our 800+ worldwide experts in 14 countries, for predictive insight across the entire automotive value chain.