Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master’s) with an emphasis in finance, economics, accounting, math, or related quantitative field preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of full breadth of public data, research, and analytic resources; work experience with data platforms such as Bloomberg and Capital IQ will be an added advantage.
Team players must show the willingness to work with cross-functional teams across many time zones.
|Company Name||Moody’s Investors Service|
|Job Role||Financial Analyst|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree, MBA & Master’s|
|Experience||0 – 2 years|
- Detailed capital structure analysis: Identify all levels of debt tranches, corporate and funding structure, and mapping guarantees and collateral.
- Track and report news, events, and macro market developments on coverage names, or as required.
- Understand and summarize the target company’s business model and strategy, industry scenario, and key risks to enable the development of broad understanding under tight deadlines.
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations on companies describing business model, strategy, industry scenario, capital structure, covenants, and key risks associated with the investments.
- Calculation of adjusted debt and analysis of off-balance-sheet debt items.
- Waterfall analysis to determine the priority of debt structure and debt recovery scenarios at all debt levels.
- Develop an insightful opinion on the company’s projected financial performance through building cash flow models.
- Evaluate bond indentures and loan agreements to assess the covenant protection, debtholder’s mutual rights and priorities, and any specific clauses/provisions which could impact the risk/ return profile of the trade or investment.
About Moody’s Investors Service
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a globally integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.